~|| Save the World ~|| Save the World

You made me choke on my sandwich...

I had listened to this when it had been uploaded, and I very much enjoyed it, but I had felt that it was missing something.

Anyway, just now, I had sat down, lunch in hand, to listen to a bit of music. Saw this on the front page, and remembered liking it, so, here I am. About halfway through the song, I had begun to zone out, placing my focus on other things, a common practice. When, suddenly, along comes the new synth lead. Commence the coughing, as I nearly inhaled the bite of sandwich I had been eating at the exact moment.

In all seriousness, though, it definitely took me by surprise. And, honestly, it doesn't quite seem to fit. It's a bit of a sharp sound, compared to the soft sounds that comprise the rest of the song. Normally, this is a fantastic contrast, but the sound is almost too sharp. It could be the synth itself, or it could be that it's a little too loud. The more I listen, I'm starting to feel that it's the latter. But then, it could just be me.

And don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy the song, and I think that the synth is a fantastic addition. But something about it just seems a little off to me.

Star Chaser Star Chaser

Fuck yes.

I can hear a lot of emotion mixed into this, and it is frickin' fantastic. I was hooked at the very beginning. Consider it downloaded, good sir.

deadlyfishes responds:

Thank you! This song used to be at the #1 Spot before my other song "Zero Hour" Took over... I wish this song would be more popular since I like this sort of sound more... Anyways, I'm glad you liked it and if you visit my website you can download 112 tracks from me for free! Here's my site: matthewpablo.com

-Gunslinger- -Gunslinger-

Am I Just Old?

So, my very first thought upon listening to this: Wild ARMs. It's an older RPG series with a very heavy western focus. Worth checking out, if you haven't, if nothing else, than for the music alone. I will warn, though, it also has a lot of cyberpunk and mysticism involved. (And I know that not everyone is a fan of those.)

That aside, I thought this was an absolutely beautiful piece. I especially love the whistle, and the piano at the very end.

ChronoNomad responds:

Well, it really wasn't *that* long ago that Wild ARMs 5 came out on the PS2...right? Yeah, I'm a fan of the series, so you're not alone. They may have even played a part in my inspirational process. Just maybe. :)

Thanks for reviewing, and I'm actually a little surprised that you're the first person to mention the game series! Perhaps one day, if we're all really good, we'll see a Wild ARMs 6 for the current generation consoles. Only time will tell.

The Sun is my Friend [C89] The Sun is my Friend [C89]

Hmm...

I fucking love the drums. That kick is the perfect kind of heavy, and the snare rings just enough to add to the feel. I'm also digging the flute sound. It gives the whole thing a jungle sort of vibe. (Might just be my addiction to Bad Company 2 talking, but I can very easily see soldiers marching through Vietnam battlefields, with this playing overhead.)

The things I'm not so keen on, though, is the synth leads, about :55-ish. The really high ones, I mean. Just something about them feels off. But it's a very, very minor thing, as it only lasts for a little bit.

All in all, very much liking it.

Caine1989 responds:

Thank you very much for your review! Maybe i will work on this again, i dunno, but i am glad you like it so far

~|| Voices calling me [WIP] ~|| Voices calling me [WIP]

About that full version...

You can go ahead and make it. I definitely won't stop you.

Electric Obsession [C89] WIP Electric Obsession [C89] WIP

Pretty good.

It's pretty slick so far. The only thing I really have to say, is that piano line in the intro is amazing, and I would like to see it come back somewhere later in the piece.

Caine1989 responds:

Thank you, i will keep that in mind!^^

[PXS] Western Hemisphere [PXS] Western Hemisphere

Spiffy.

So, the first few notes of the song are a bit offsetting, in the sense that they kinda sound like a little kid playing with a keyboard. But after about 5 seconds, it's a sort of audio bliss. It's got that stutter in there that I, personally, am a huge fan of. Glitchy/stuttered sounds are some of my favorites.

I only have a few gripes with the song. As Observer said, it's far too short. This could be carried out into a full length piece. And that plays a part in another minus. The speech sample in there sounds great, and fits fantastically. But, to me, it feels like the song is trying to use it to convey a story. But then, the end comes so abruptly that it just seems unfinished.

Overall, though, great work. I like it.

Buy Our Merch (Indigo League) Buy Our Merch (Indigo League)

Never failing.

You never cease to impress. This sounds great. Don't suppose I can expect to see a CD in stores any time soon?

Wahnsinn responds:

We're hoping to have an album out by the end of the year! :)

Reflections &amp;gt;Dubstep&amp;lt; Reflections >Dubstep<

Fantastic

This is fantastic. Simply fantastic. I'm honestly at a loss for words.

mr-jazzman responds:

Haha that's alright man, I understand. Thank you for the review! =)

Malignant Defiance Malignant Defiance

Buggy-eyed...

So, at the time of writing this, I'm getting my ass kicked pretty hardcore by sleep deprivation... Like, to the point where I'm feeling a bit drunk. Anyway, at first, this freaked the shit out of me, just because I wasn't ready for the fast chopping. However, it does kick ass. More specifically, it kicks my ass. And for this, you get kudos.